PRIVATE EVENTS AT THE CARTOON ART MUSEUM
Draw your guests to your next event!
Host your next event at the Cartoon Art Museum! Our new location in the Fisherman’s Wharf waterfront district is a perfect space for unique and quirky events, the building’s historic façade and interior architecture add charm to the characters on display. With 5,000 square feet of gallery space the galleries can accommodate small or large groups up to 134 for meetings, seminars, lectures, seated dinners, banquets, cocktail receptions, weddings, and parties. Featuring rotating walls, the galleries can be staged in varied configurations. With state-of-the-art projection, in-house audio and adjustable lighting, your event can take any shape you imagine. The museum’s stylish, modern design and always entertaining exhibits provide the perfect background for your creative event ideas.
- 5,000 square feet of continuous gallery space
- Video projector and retractable ceiling screen
- Microphone and speaker
- Tables and chairs available (limited supply)
- Wheelchair accessible
Click here for more images of the galleries.
LOCATIONWith a breathtaking view of the San Francisco Bay, the Cartoon Art Museum’s new location at 781 Beach Street in San Francisco is just one block from Aquatic Park, the Maritime Museum, Ghirardelli Square, and the Hyde Street cable car turnaround. The new space allows clients the perfect venue to plan your event with convenient public transportation and public parking nearby.
RENTING SUPPORTS THE MUSEUM!In its 33-plus years, the Museum has produced over 200 exhibitions and 30 publications focusing on the myriad of cartoon art. The Cartoon Art Museum’s mission is to ignite imaginations and foster the next generation of visual storytellers by celebrating the history of cartoon art, its role in society, and its universal appeal. Through timely and compelling exhibits, educational programs for youth, visiting artist events, our Toon Talk lecture series and community outreach activities, the museum showcases cartoons art’s ability to communicate cultural diversity and the importance of self-expression. Your use of the gallery space supports our important arts programs. Because the museum is a nonprofit organization, a portion of your event rental fee is tax-deductible.
- “Thanks again for your efforts; and thanks to the Cartoon Art Museum for making our holiday party a smash. We really did have fun – people loved walking around and checking out the exhibit. Big Al was very good – he did everyone’s portraits as planned and they were really quite fun.” – Mac (Quorum Consulting)
- “I’ve heard back from everyone now and the powers that be most important had a great time. They loved the venue, the caterers and Dale. Thanks so much for all your help in pulling this off.” – Renee (Clarion Associates)
- “Thanks again for last Wednesday; I think our crowd had a blast. Will stop in soon and say hello, but in the meantime please thank the rest of the staff that night!” – Nish (Yelp)
- “Thanks for everything – the event went really well (TJ was awesome!!). I really appreciate all of your efforts to put together the perfect event for us.” – Laura (NASFT, Fancy Foods Show)
- “It was a wonderful event, and everyone there was quite taken with the museum. Several who live in the area (including a cousin who is an event planner) are anxious to return. Thanks for being so helpful – we really appreciate your guidance.” – Barbara (Private Wedding event)
CONTACT: SUMMERLEA 415-227-8666 Ext. 313 firstname.lastname@example.org Museum photos: Jim Vetter Photography